Will you lose your internet connection on July 9th?Trojan.DNSChange
If you suspect that your computer may have been infected with the DNSChanger malware and want to know if you will lose your internet connection on July 9,
please go to DNS-OK.US.
If you get the green page, you are OK!.
If you get the red page, then contact your internet service provider for help changing your DNS settings.
How It Infects:
- Can be distributed by any means, including but not limited to: Email attachments, instant message attachments, infected websites, infected media or document files, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, or even downloaded by other malware.
- Infection can also be found in hyperlinks to infected websites from email, instant messages, and social networking messages or posts.
How To Avoid Infection:
- Use extreme caution when you receive a link or attachment from anyone, even those you know.
- Do not download unknown files or files from unknown sources.
- If using StopSign, be sure that the On-Access Scan is installed and enabled.
- Scan all downloaded files with a threat scanner, such as StopSign, before executing them.
- Ensure that all updates are installed from Microsoft Update to help protect against vulnerabilities in the operating system.
Vulnerable Operating Systems: