Registry Cleaners are a big risk for no real benefit.
- Registry cleaners can break your programs.
- Registry cleaners can break Windows.
- Registry cleaners often make wild claims about "errors" that do not exist.
When/Why do you need a registry cleaner?
- The most simple answer to this is: You DO NOT.
- The Windows registry is self sufficient and "cleaning" it will not help.
Registry Cleaners Can Not Help With:
- Blue Screen Errors
- Replacement of missing or corrupt drivers
- Keeping your computer safe from malware
- Your computer's stability
- Your computer's performance
To keep your system stable you should:
Keep Windows and all other software updated. Do not install freeware
such as weather tools, screensavers, smileys, and other "junk" software.
To keep your system fast you should:
Perform regular disk maintenance and remove unused software.
Keep the area around your PC free of dust, pet hair, and other contaminants so as to keep your PC cool.
Don't overload it:
Know your computer's specifications and do not try to
run too much at one time.
Have only one antivirus product installed and running, but do regular
checks with an online scanner. No single antivirus company can