What You Should Do:
- Remove Java from your computer or visit Java.com and download the latest version.
- Go to Adobe.com and download the latest version of Reader and Flash Player.
How It Infects:
- Infections exploit vulnerabilities in these programs to invade PCs.
How To Avoid Infection:
- Use extreme caution when you receive a link or attachment from anyone, even those you know.
- Do not download unknown files or files from unknown sources.
- If using StopSign, be sure that the On-Access Scan is installed and enabled.
- Scan all downloaded files with a threat scanner, such as StopSign, before executing them.
- Ensure that all updates are installed from Microsoft Update to help protect against vulnerabilities in the operating system.
- Regularly update any software you have that accesses the internet.
- Though we cannot support it, we suggest using the FileHippo Update Checker
Java, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
This is an Update Alert!
Infections that exploit these vulnerabilities are listed below: