Trojan.Win32.VB.wtd Mimics Update, Opens BackdoorTrojan.Win32.VB.wtd
What It Does:
- Minics legitimate system files and associated updates.
- Runs automatically with Windows Explorer on startup.
- Opens a backdoor allowing unauthorized access to the infected machine.
How It Infects:
- Can be distributed by any means, including but not limited to: Email attachments, instant message attachments, infected websites, infected media or document files, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, or even downloaded by other malware.
- Infection can also be found in hyperlinks to infected websites from email, instant messages, and social networking messages or posts.
How To Avoid Infection:
- Use extreme caution when you receive a link or attachment from anyone, even those you know.
- Do not download unknown files or files from unknown sources.
- If using StopSign, be sure that the On-Access Scan is installed and enabled.
- Scan all downloaded files with a threat scanner, such as StopSign, before executing them.
- Ensure that all updates are installed from Microsoft Update to help protect against vulnerabilities in the operating system.
Vulnerable Operating Systems: